In collaboration with the NC Chapter of the Developmental Disabilities Nurses Association
Conference Registration is NOW OPEN!
OVERCOME Challenges…SEIZE Opportunities – With NC moving to full managed care and the integration of physical health with MH/IDD/SUD services, our community-based system for people with specialty/complex needs is again being transformed. And with the development of Standard Benefit Plans, BH/IDD Tailored Plans, and integration with physical health moving us to “whole person” managed care, substantial changes will be required of every provider.
Are you ready for the challenges…and the opportunities?
This conference was designed by providers for providers, to give organizations the most timely, relevant information to make informed clinical and business decisions. Each session is designed to develop expertise within different segments of your organization – to OVERCOME Challenges…SEIZE Opportunities.
See our amazing lineup of speakers:
- Chris Sparks – Past President of ANCOR (American Network of Community Options and Resources) and Executive Director of EPI, a provider organization that has gone through the implementation of Managed Care in Iowa. Chris will share with us his lived experience, a provider’s perspective on issues, and considerations for NC Providers.
- Mandy Cohen, PhD, Secretary, NC DHHS – North Carolina’s Vision for Medicaid Managed Care/Medicaid Transformation and Other NC DHHS Initiatives.
Before coming to North Carolina, Secretary Cohen was the Chief Operating Officer and Chief of Staff at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). She brings a deep understanding of health care to the state and will address Medicaid Transformation, combating the opioid crisis, and other initiatives.
- Dave Richard, Deputy Secretary, NC DMA – Hear one of North Carolina’s most informed and influential leaders discuss how managed care may work in North Carolina as our IDD/BH specialty system is integrated with physical health. He will share his unique perspective on what the future may hold for providers and people receiving services.
- Representative Nelson Dollar (invited), Senior Chairperson, House Appropriations Committee
As one of North Carolina’s most knowledgeable legislators on system changes required by the NC General Assembly’s move to “whole person care” and the integration of physical health with IDD/BH services, Representative Dollar will discuss how Commercial Plans, Provider Led Entities, Tailored Plans, Standard Benefit Plans, and the transition of LMEs/MCOs services and populations may impact our IDD/BH specialty system.
And other important sessions:
- Successful Collaboration Between Behavioral Health and I/DD Tailored Plans, Contracted Standard Plans, and Service Providers
- Direct Support Professionals – Supervision and Retention
- Implementation of the Supports Intensity Scale and the Provider’s Role in the Process
- The DOJ Settlement and Olmstead
- Disability Rights NC: Compliance in Service Delivery
- Innovative Care for Value-Based Payments to Providers
- HIE Implementation for Medicaid Providers
- State and County Revenue in System Transformation and Service Cost of Providers
- Rising to the Challenge of Seizure Management: Review of New Seizure Medications
- The Changing Role of the IDD Nurse (equipping today’s nurse to meet the challenges associated with electronic health record systems, data collection, managing risks, and integrated healthcare).
- Rising to the Challenges of Integrated Healthcare from a Physician Practice and Group Home Provider prospective. How can physicians and providers work together?
Interested in Exhibiting/Sponsoring?
Hotel Information – Make your reservations today!
The Sheraton has a block of rooms available for attendees at the rate of $139 single/double. Room reservations must be made by 5:00 pm on August 22, 2018 by calling the Sheraton at 800-242-6556. Individuals must identify themselves as being with the NC Providers Council conference at the time of reservation in order to receive the group rate. After this date rates and availability cannot be guaranteed.
For additional information contact Carson Stanley at email@example.com or 919-784-0230.